Environmental Assessment at a Crossroads
Environmental Assessment at a Crossroads was designed to convey that environmental assessment professionals find themselves in an operating environment of unusual uncertainty.
The factors contributing to this uncertainty include:
- how to consider climate change in EA;
- the pressure to speed up EA processes in Ontario;
- anticipated Federal Government reforms to EA that will emerge from the review in 2010;
- the duty to consult Aboriginal Peoples and their interest in extended consultation processes;
- the push for more attention to the social environment and especially to health impacts; and,
- the desire of professionals to retain what they view to be the essential integrity of best practices in EA and SEA.
2009 Conference Summary Report
To view further conference and session information please view/download the official 2009 Summary Report.