Standing Committees support the organization. All are open to the general membership of the OAIA. Committee Chairs are responsible for calling meetings, setting meeting agendas, developing and implementing Committee Work Plans, and ensuring appropriate liaison with the Board. Typically, a Committee Chair will be a Board member.
OAIA does most of its work through 5 committees:
1. The Executive Committee guides the work of the association between monthly Board meetings.
2. The Membership and Liaison Committee keeps membership records and communicates with members through periodic newsletters and the website.
3. The Conference Planning Committee plans the Association’s annual conference in Toronto.
4. The Event Planning Committee organizes topical workshops of interest to OAIA members.
5. The Education and Research Liaison Committee promotes improved EA training in universities and colleges.