The OAIA formally invites your organization’s participation as a sponsor and are pleased to inform you of corporate sponsorship opportunities related to this conference. Some of the reasons for sponsoring this important event are:
• In recent years the OAIA conference has attracted around 150 participants from industry, federal, provincial and municipal government, Indigenous communities and organizations, and academia. As a sponsor, you can increase your organization’s visibility to your clients and project stakeholders before an audience of environmental and social impact assessment professionals.
• Be associated with other thought and practice leaders in the field of impact assessment, sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Your sponsorship will help demonstrate your commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
• Ensure that your company or your organization’s information is forefront during the conference.
• Give your staff the opportunity to network with leading practitioners and experts.
This year’s conference focuses on emerging water-related issues in Environmental Assessments (EAs). Water is the focus of many EAs: either as a water resource-related project subject to an EA or where a proposed project may have an impact on our water resources. With technological advancements, improvements in our use and understanding of scientific and Indigenous knowledge, policy enhancements, climate change, cumulative effects, regional and strategic EA and increased public scrutiny, EA practitioners are facing emerging water-related issues in EAs at an ever-accelerating rate. These emerging issues present challenges as well as opportunities. To tackle these issues, EA practice must evolve by using innovative approaches and new technologies and tools to help plan, manage and protect water resources.
The conference will feature an engaging mix of panel presentations and case studies.
For the 2018 conference, the organizing committee has outlined sponsorship levels and the benefits associated with being a sponsor, including:
• Sponsorship at a Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze level
• Sponsorship of breakfasts, coffee breaks, lunches, and speaker gifts or travel
• Advertisement in Conference Program