The theme of the 2009 conference, “Environmental Assessment at a Crossroads”, was designed to convey that environmental assessment professionals find themselves in an operating environment of unusual uncertainty.
The factors contributing to this uncertainty include:
Click here to download the 2009 Conference Report
how to consider climate change in EA;
- the pressure to speed up EA processes in Ontario;
- anticipated Federal Government reforms to EA that will emerge from the review in 2010;
- the duty to consult Aboriginal Peoples and their interest in extended consultation processes;
- the push for more attention to the social environment and especially to health impacts; and,
- the desire of professionals to retain what they view to be the essential integrity of best practices in EA and SEA.